Friday, March 21, 2008

New Scam

I get some interesting emails. I don't seem to get much in the way of 419 Nigerian scams these days - oh, just damn. Steve H. blogged about his adventures leading these leaches on his blog, and ended up writing a book about it - The Good, The Spam, and the Ugly.

But I don't remember anything quite like this:

Ms.Dorothy Rifferty drthnr312@zebren.com

MY ADORABLE YORKIE FOR ADOPTION

CALVARY GREETINGS,

MY NAME IS MS. DOROTHY RIFFERTY. I AND MY HUSBAND ARE ON A CHRISTAIN MISSION TO AFRICA AND I CAME ALONG WITH MY PUPPY(YORKIE). AFTER A WHILE I NOTICED THAT THE AFRICAN WEATHER IS NOT GOOD FOR THE PUPPY AND I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO TAKE GOOD CARE OF HER THE WAY I ALWAYS DO BECAUSE OF MY JOB. I NEED SOMEONE TO ADOPT HER INSTEAD OF GIVING HER OUT TO ONE WHO CANNOT,I NEED ONE WHO CAN TAKE CARE OF HER THE WAY I ALWAYS DO. IF YOU CAN TAKE CARE OF HER DO SEND A REPLY AND I WILL EMAIL YOU HER PICTURES.
I HOPE TO READ FROM YOU.

REGARDS,
MS. DOROTHY RIFFERTY.


Geez, ya think maybe some funds might be required to send the little darling over here to the states? Perhaps access to my account? Rrreeeeealllyyyy?

No comments: