Sunday, February 15, 2009

Finally, The Time is Now



Take a wild guess what I'm doing this afternoon! I'm not as big a fan of NASCAR as in the past, but I still enjoy following the soap opera surrounding the "taxicabs" as Farmer Frank calls them. I wish NASCAR was more interested in presenting their races rather than getting sidelined with Super Bowl halftime style entertainment and other distractions. So far today, there have been several hours of that kind of so called eye candy. With rain probably on the way, it occurs to me that the racers could be doing what they came for, rather than watching the latest semi conservative band on a stage near the start/finish line that no one at the track can actually see (except for the JumboTrons and DiamondVision screens). But, it still beats watching the Chefs (KC Chiefs) lose, and I don't care for hockey or the NBA.

Okay, off the soapbox and back to watching the idiot box.

No comments: