Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Classmates.com are Spammers

I signed up some time ago with this organization, but I never paid into it. Now, after Facebook - why should I? What is the purpose of this company?

So, I went to their site some time ago and used their link to remove my email address from their promotional mailings. Guess what? Still getting them.

And all that after they said they'd quit. So, on a page that allows feedback I left this:
Since I have unsubscribed already and cannot use your link to unsubscribe from further emails since I'm not a member nor do I have an account I respectfully ask to not send me any more emails since that is what I requested. You are now spamming me. I have not requested this information. Stop. Stop. Stop.

We'll see.

3 comments:

MorningGlory said...

Let me know how that works out for you Jeffro. They've been spamming me since the '90's.

jed said...

Looking at the ARIN record for their netblock, I see the following:

Abuse address: nsi@classmates.com
Abuse phone: 206-301-5700

Jeffro said...

Thanks, Jed - and good to hear from you!