Monday, August 15, 2011

I Got A Charge Outta This


This is the logo on today's offering at Woot's Shirt.woot.com. It's a mashup of the Pink Floyd logo and viral video from last summer. I posted about it before: OMG!!! What Does It Meeeeeeeeeaaaaaan! Just for reference this is the video:



link

Of course, everyone assumes Yosemite Bear is stoned. He claims he was not.
"Oh my God, it's a double complete rainbow in my front yard!," Paul Vasquez said, while video-taping the latest viral Web sensation. "It's too much! I don't know what it means!"
Vasquez's ecstatic, sobbing reaction to seeing a "double rainbow" proves it was an intense experience.
And now we know it was NOT herbally influenced.
"I was just on pure rainbow power," he told ABC News' "Good Morning America." "I was by myself, and it was just the spirit of the universe influencing me."
snip
His baffling, hilariously over-the-top response has caused almost all viewers of the video to speculate: Is that guy high?
"Look me in the Skype and tell me you were sober when you shot this?" "Good Morning America" host Bill Weir pressed Vasquez in an interview via Skype.
"I'm a pretty happy guy," Vasquez admits. "I mean, there's some other videos on my YouTube page where I was a little high, but not that one."
Vasquez, who sometimes goes by the name "Yosemite Bear," previously drove trucks long-haul, trained as a cage fighter and now operates his own farm, according to an interview he previously gave to the website Urlesque.

Previously drove trucks long haul? Yeah, those pesky random drug screenings are like total downers on an awesome sunshiney day, dude.  Not stoned? Only in the Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds with Happy Smurfs riding Cute Disney Forest Creatures world he inhabits. Farmer? Indoor with grow lights, perhaps? Cage fighter? Whoops! In case he reads this, all satire, dude. Sooooo sorry.

Like the shirt, though.

No comments: