Monday, January 02, 2012

Stealing a Meme

When one is looking for inspiration for posts, sometimes fellow bloggers make is pretty easy by starting a meme. This meme is from leeann at Look! A Baby Wolf! - so naturally I'm jumping right into something easily accomplished in a probable futile effort to be funny.
Take the first sentence from the first post of each month of 2011. That’s your year in review. Tattle on yourself with your link in the comments if you give it a shot, particularly if yours works out better.
January: It's pretty easy - I've found that resolving to do things like lose weight seem to be a losing proposition for me.

February: Sigh.

March: Some of our guys spent some time detailing Mike's truck so it could sit at the church today for his service.

April: Yep, it's all lollipops and unicorns!

May: Now I know.

June: I've got Scott Adam's Blog in my reader - and while he is of a decidedly liberal bent, as a businessman he certainly has some very provocative things to say:

July: Last night's Subway Jalapeno 250 winner was Joey Logano, while Danica Patrick earned tenth place, six places worse than her best Nationwide finish so far.

August: Believe me when I tell you there has been no danger of the gauge overflowing, unless the wind is right and it fills with dirt.

September: Ronaldus Maximus.

October: The Family can only afford one helmet and they put it on Jeffy?

November: Normally, Ted Rall and I are polar opposites on whatever issue he covers.

December: Clearly I live in a mentally unbalanced area.

Pretty mundane compared to leeann's enticing opening lines. She's warped, though. In a "damn, I'd like to drink a bunch of beers with her someday" kind of way.

7 comments:

LeeAnn said...

I dunno, I like the visual of April combined with the altered state Jeffy lives in during October. Remember Charlie the unicorn? I'd like to see him have a playdate with Jeffy. It'd be Jeffy-kabob time.

And thank you for the compliment. I do get more surreal once I'm on the outside of a few beers, just as a warning.

Jeffro said...

I'd risk it. The snark payoff could be huge.

Jess said...

I've decided that all the first lines, from every blog, can be placed in a computer, the computer given to monkeys and - given a little time for them to type - the entire works of Shakespeare would be reproduced in pig latin.

Jeffro said...

By Gawd, I find it hard to find any flaws in your reasoning, Jess. You just might be onto something there.

Mrs. Who said...

Clearly I live in a mentally unbalanced area.

We must be neighbors...

threecollie said...

I like it! This sounds like fun.

lisa said...

I may have to try that myself, I agree with threecollie.